Currently, HM Tube has the following features:
- Add video, local or YouTube, to your article.
- Plays the following formats:
- Video Formats: H.264 (.mp4, .mov, .f4v), FLV (.flv), 3GPP (.3gp, .3g2), YouTube
- Sound Formats: AAC (.aac, .m4a), MP3 (.mp3)
- Image Formats: JPEG (.jpg), PNG (.png), GIF (.gif)
- Use JW player and it's many version 2 skins.
- Stream live video with JW player's RTMP support. (should work, not tested)
- Customize the width and height of the player.
- Position the control bar to top, bottom, or over the video.
- Hide the control bar when idle.
- You can choose to auto start the video on page load or not.
- Choose to enable HD video if applicable.
- Ability to choose which type of stretching, if any, is applied to the video to fit your player.
- Download from hmtube_1_1.zip
- Install like any other Joomla plugin. Refer too http://docs.joomla.org/Installing_an_extension if you need help.
- Don't forget to enable the plugin through the plugin administration.
Using HM Tube is very simple. Just find the supported (privacy enhanced YouTube URLs are NOT supported) YouTube video you want to include in your article and enclose it inside the following tags:
This will produce a video like the following:
The above video received its parameters like width, height, skin type and ect from pre-selected defaults c chosen in the admin section. As of version 1.0, the basic option section looks like this in Joomla! 3.0.x:
Each of these options can also be set as tag parameters which will override the plugin admin settings. For example, if I wanted to change the width and height I could do in by adding the width and/or height tag like this:
[hmyt width = "400" height="250" ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I[/hmyt]
See the space between the " and ] right before http? Ignore that space. I had to write into the program a way to post these tags as instructional material without the plugin creating a video out of it. The extra space there is a result.
The result of the above change looks like this (one of my fav music videos):
|width||numeric||width="500"||Change player width.|
|height||numeric||width="500"||Change player height.|
|skin||nameofskin||skin="slim"||Change the player skin.|
|hd||true of false||hd="true"||Turn on HD if available.|
|controlbar||over, bottom, top||controlbar="bottom"||Location of player control bar.|
|controlbarhide||true or false||controlbarhide="true"||Hide the controlbar until mouseover.|
|autostart||true or false||autostart="true"||Autostart the video on page load.|
|stretching||uniform, fill, exact, none||stretching="none"||How the video stretching inside the player.|
There are also a few advanced options. A user of HM Tube requested control over the player alignment. As a result I added a few more options that look like the following in Joomla! 3.0.x:
As you can see from the above picture, you can now change the player alignment, the margins and padding surrounding the player, and you can even give it a background color, border, border thickness, and border color.