× Post about the main Gnosis Component here.

Get empty screen only

• teeschmid
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #1478 by teeschmid
Get empty screen only was created by teeschmid
On an test website with Joomla! 2.5.11, SEF and few other plugins I first installed "Glossary 2.8".
It works, but I did not like it. So I disabled it for the moment, looked for an alternative.

I tried Gnosis, started with version 1.0.9.
In the administrator interface I went to the component menu, had the Gnosis line with two (1.09: not quite correct) menu items.
Both menu items gave white screens only when clicked.

Thus I installed 1.0.b7 and later 1.0.6; these two had the correct menu items, but did not give anything better, just white screens.
Before each install I tried to remove all of Gnosis; Gnosis Package cannot be removed in the extension manager, it gives an error message like "manifest file cannot be found".

Furthermore I spotted a typo (compnetn instead of component), not important, see screenshot.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #1496 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Get empty screen only
Did you install gnosis on the same test website? If so, Gnosis is only compatible with Joomla! 3.

Thanks for letting me know about the typo! I will correct it in the next version.

• teeschmid
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #1527 by teeschmid
Replied by teeschmid on topic Get empty screen only
Yes, the test website has the latest stable Joomla! Version, i.e. 2.5.11.
(the productive site is www.dampfzentrum.ch).

Too bad if I cannot use Gnosis on a site with the stable version - I will wait for Jomla! 3.5 before trying an upgrade.
May be I will give it a try with a 3.0 site, once I get round to install such a test.

Thanks for the work!

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #1530 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Get empty screen only
Maybe when I get a stable version of Gnosis I can look into converting it to Joomla! 2.5. Right now though, I don't have the resources to handle two separate packages. My intention with Gnosis is to add native Joomla! tag support, 2.5 just does not have the tag system. Also, 3.x is the future of Joomla!, and since there isn't another freely available glossary component for Joomla! 3, and I needed one, it seemed to be a good place to start.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: teeschmid

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds