- To use DipitiHM, one must first create a free Dipity account wich allows you up to three free timelines per account.
- Secondly, download the DipitiHM plugin from: http://www.hypermodern.org/index.php/dipitihm
- Then install like any other Joomla! plug-in.
- Enable the plug-in through the plug-in administration
- You are done. DipitiHM is now installed and enabled, and ready to use.
Using DipitiHM is easy as well. To include a Dipity timeline, just enter the dipity timeline URL between dipitihm tags. The above timeline's url is http://www.dipity.com/StevePro/NASA-Space-Shuttle-Program-Launches/. Note the trailing slash as it is important to include that slash. Include this URL inside your article by enclosing it between these two tags: [dipitihm]... URL HERE...[/dipitihm] ... and the Dipity timelines appears inside your article.
A complete example looks like:
Which inserts a time line looking like:
The options for DipitiHM can be controlled through the plug-in admin which currently look like the below picture.
Dipity width and height are fairly self explanatory and accept an integer value corresponding with a pixel value. In the above example, 700 corresponds to 700 px. A percent value can also be set. The first timeline in this article has a Dipity width value of 100%.
Start mode is the mode in which the Dipity timeline starts. To get an idea of what each of the modes look like just click on one of the above timelines. For example, if you wanted to see what your Dipity looks like in Flipbook mode, just click the word "Flipbook" in one of the previous timelines. Setting the start mode to Flipbook will start the Dipity timeline as a Flipbook.
Overriding the Defaults:
The above plug-in administration settings will control the defaults for every Dispity timeline on your Joomla! website. You may wish, however, to have different timelines to display with different widths, heights, or start modes. To accomplish this, you must use tag arguments. A quick example of a DispitiHM tag with arguments is as follows:
[dipitihm width="100%" height="450" mode="0"]http://www.dipity.com/StevePro/NASA-Space-Shuttle-Program-Launches/[/dipitihm]
- width and height: self explanatory.
- 0: Setting mode to 0 will make Dipity display as a timeline.
- 1: ... Display Dipity as a Flipbook.
- 2: ... Display Dipity as a List.
- 3: ... Display Dipity as a Map.
Thank you for considering DispitiHM. If you have any questions or comments please post them on the support forum: http://www.hypermodern.org/index.php/forum/dipitihm